A Czech Journey

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Working on Goals/Objectives...

Hi Everyone,
I continue to work on different objectives and goals since I've been back in Brno. I've already accomplished quite a few on my list such as...
** I enrolled in the 2wk Intensive Czech language course offered
at the university. It starts on January 24th and I'll have about
5 hours of classroom instruction per day.

** I also enrolled in the semester course which will start 14th of Feb.
That Czech language course will last 13 weeks with 15 hours per week of
classroom instruction.

** I started my renewal process for my work permit. I've gathered all the
necessary paperwork and have just one last document that needs to be
translated into Czech. Once that document is turned in then I'll just
need to wait for approval and the issuance of my work permit. (I need
this work permit in order to apply for and receive my long term residence visa)

** I also am gathering all the necessary paperwork to apply to renew my visa. I have the application completed but had to wait to gather the
remaining documents due to the holidays.

** I've completed my portion of my Annual Evaluation process and we are
finishing up my new position description and goals for 2011. The biggest
goal is completing Czech language course work and exploring the different ministry roles that I could enter into with the local church and with different groups.

** I have already started to connect and reconnect with Czechs both believers and non-believers. I continue to build relationships and ask questions relating to culture and language. I continue to practice using my Czech language skill and realize I still have a ways to go but I am encouraged as I interact in Czech as I go to different offices to complete different tasks.

** I have been received back with open arms. Czechs are happy to have me back with them and I am glad to be here. It really feels like home for me. I am anxious to see what God has in store for 2011.

May you be encouraged in this New Year. On Sunday as a handful of us were getting ready to pray for the church service. I shared a verse that encouraged me and gave me hope as a Christian and also as we enter into the year 2011... 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come." Yes indeed--new things have come--praise be to God! May your hearts be encouraged as you ponder those words.
Until next time, take care.
Many Blessings,
Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home