A Czech Journey

Friday, February 03, 2012

Catching Up With Colleen




Hi Everyone, This is my first attempt at putting together a video for my blog--I hope you're able to access it and that you enjoy it. I realized after putting it together I wanted to mention a few more details. The most exciting thing was I recently passed with flying colors a four part Czech Proficiency Exam. The exam covered reading comprehension, listening comprehension, along with writing and speaking. I was pretty nervous since each section was timed but everything turned out great. I am now working with my Czech teacher preparing for the next proficiency test level. I really appreciate the teacher I have found. I tell her all the time that she is a gift from God. We have a lesson each week and she has helped me get more comfortable in speaking Czech.

I'm constantly looking at ways to practice speaking the language. It helps me to have a Czech roommate who converses only in Czech with me as well. One of my funniest language blunders was the time I asked her if she needed more "bear" for her tea but what I wanted to say was "more honey". In Czech "med" means honey; "medved" means bear (so oops I got those two words confused). I continue to see progress and that's so important since Czech and English are such completely different languages.

Hope all is going well and until next time, take care!

Blessings,
Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home