A Czech Journey

Saturday, January 29, 2011

In Memory of...



There are so many twist and turns to life. I have already had so many wonderful people who have encouraged, counseled and influenced me along my life journey. In regards to my interest in missions and eventually becoming a missionary no one had more influence on me than Dick & Jane Reed. On Wednesday 26th of January, the world lost a very faithful man and heaven gained a beautiful saint :-) I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to work with Dick on our church's mission commission. He and his wife were a part of our first Tampa team that came here for the first Family Outreach English Camp. I'll never forget how he complimented me on how well I interacted with Czechs and he told me of the potential he saw in me to minister here among Czechs. During that first English camp the Czechs enjoyed him and there were two young girls(sisters) who called him Grandpa that was in the summer of 2000. During the winter of 2009 I saw the mother of those two girls and she asked about Dick. And 10 years later her daughters still remembered him from the camp. :-) Dick had that kind of impact on people. I always enjoyed giving Dick a hug and talking with him. I am very glad that God just happened to have Dick's son & daughter-in-law here in Brno doing ministry among Czechs when they got word of his passing. It meant a great deal to me that I was able to personally give my condolences and hugs to them. Dick is one I already look forward to reconnecting with in heaven and I'll always carry the memory of him in my heart as I strive to bring honor and glory to God as he did during his life journey of eighty six plus years.

Until next time, take care!

Blessings,
Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home